Description: Nicholas-Francois Billecart founded the House in 1818. He added his wife Elisabeth's maiden name, (Salmon) to his own. Stringent quality has been the key motivating factor behind the Billecart-Salmon family, established at Mareuil-sur-Ay since the sixteenth century. Since it's foundation, the House has always remained in the same family, handed down from father to son with men who meticulously fashion the product. The current management, seven generations down from the Founder, guarantees the continuation of ancestral traditions. In 1992, Francois Roland-Billecart took over from his father, Jean Roland-Billecart and now manages the House. Billecart-Salmon is one of the few remaining Champagne Houses to be owned by it's original family.
Share this wine with friends and family